Pet Media Group (PMG) is a Stockholm-based startup that acquires, launches and develops market-leading pet marketplaces globally, with over 1.5 million animals finding new homes through our platforms every year. We are currently live in 5 different countries (UK, Sweden, Netherlands, Italy and Spain), despite only having launched 2 years ago. Here is an example of one of our apps: Pets4Homes.co.uk
The way pets find new loving homes has virtually remained the same for centuries, and we are on a mission to make that process more trusted, safe and convenient through innovative technology. We’re a young and ambitious team who have built unicorns in the past (e.g. Avito) and we are backed by some of Europe’s leading investors (e.g. Verdane and Otiva) who are early investors in leading companies such as Klarna, NA-KD, Apotea and Desenio.
Who are we looking for?
As part of our growth we are expanding our engineering team and for that, we are looking for Full stack developers to join us in our journey towards building great tech and further growth.
As a Full stack developer, we expect you to be familiar with building sophisticated architecture and have an in-depth understanding of the entire web and application development process. We’re looking for someone with roughly 3 years of experience in back-end engineering and at least 2 years in front-end engineering, ideally from our current tech-stack (see details further down)
What skills do we expect you to have?
- Building apps with Node.js, React & Next.js
- Understanding of GraphQL and its usage in large systems with multiple consumers
- Experience with databases like PostgreSQL
- Experience with frontend testing tools and testing strategies
- Understanding of SEO and other web vital metrics
Prior experience with one (or multiple) these technologies is definitely helpful & appreciated
We expect all candidates to have working proficiency in English to be able to communicate with colleagues from our other offices.
Our tech stack
- Next.js, React, Node.js & ReactNative (Typescript it is)
- Gitlab runners CI/CD
- GraphQL & PostgreSQL
- Knex, Docker
- Serverless architecture with AWS Lambda
- We are running on AWS
- Customer issues tracking with Instabug
- Bug tracking with Sentry
- App release flow with Bitrise
What we offer
- The ability to join a rapidly growing business with a clear vision, where passion and energy exists in abundance
- A diverse team from various backgrounds - current team is located in Sweden, Germany, UK, Poland, Bosnia, Ukraine and Russia
- A unique opportunity to become a part of a rapidly growing (but already profitable) start-up where you would be instrumental in building our Tech department
- Competitive compensation and awesome benefits (in person or remote)
We very much look forward to your application, contact us if you have any questions!