Pet Media Group (PMG) is a Stockholm-based startup that acquires, launches and develops market-leading pet marketplaces globally, with over 1.5 million animals finding new homes through our platforms every year. We are currently live in 5 different countries (UK, Sweden, Netherlands, Italy and Spain), despite only having launched 2 years ago. Here is an example of one of our apps: Pets4Homes.co.uk
The way pets find new loving homes has virtually remained the same for centuries, and we are on a mission to make that process more trusted, safe and convenient through innovative technology. We’re a young and ambitious team who have built unicorns in the past (e.g. Avito) and we are backed by some of Europe’s leading investors (e.g. Verdane and Otiva) who are early investors in leading companies such as Klarna, NA-KD, Apotea and Desenio.
Who are we looking for?
As a Front-end Developer, we expect you to be driven with an eye for detail. We expect our Front-end Developers to be experts when it comes to creating appealing user interfaces and experiences, but also open minded enough to think about how to best solve the complex challenges of our users (and their pets!)
As a person, we love to meet those who do not shy away from big challenges and solving new problems. Growing fast is exciting, and requires us to always be curious and constantly wanting to learn new things.
What skills do we expect you to have?
Bonus points for prior experience with:
- Building apps with React, Next.js & React Native
- Understanding of GraphQL and its usage in large systems with multiple consumers
- Experience with frontend testing tools and testing strategies
- Understanding of SEO and other web vital metrics
While this is a Front-End role, you might be expected to jump in and do some minor changes on the back-end. Should you consider yourself to be a full-stack developer, then you are of course more than welcome to apply as well!
We expect all candidates to have working proficiency in English.
Our tech stack
- Next.js, React, Node.js & ReactNative (Typescript it is)
- Gitlab runners CI/CD
- GraphQL & PostgreSQL
- Serverless architecture with AWS Lambda
- We are running on AWS
- Customer issues tracking with Instabug
- Bug tracking with Sentry
- App release flow with Bitrise
What we offer
- The ability to join a rapidly growing business with a clear vision, where passion and energy exists in abundance
- A diverse team from various backgrounds - current team is located in Sweden, Germany, UK, Poland, Bosnia, Ukraine and Russia
- A unique opportunity to become a part of a rapidly growing (but already profitable) start-up where you would be instrumental in building our Tech department
- Competitive compensation and awesome benefits (in person or remote)
We very much look forward to your application, contact us if you have any questions!