Berlin - hybrid (remote/on-site)
We are looking for a DevOps Specialist / Site Reliability Engineer to join our team. PMG is growing fast and you will be essential in helping us run reliable, healthy, secure and scalable systems.
If you embrace the DevOps philosophy and culture, and want to be part of a team that enables pets to find new loving homes, then this is the place for you!
Every year, over 1.5 million pets find new loving homes through our online platforms, which serve over 10 million users every month. The way pets find new loving homes has virtually remained the same for centuries, and we are on a mission to make that process more trusted, safe and convenient through innovative technology. We’re a young and ambitious team who have built unicorns in the past (e.g. Avito and Frontier Car Group) and we are backed by some of Europe’s leading investors (e.g. Verdane Capital and Otiva) who are early investors in leading companies such as Klarna, CAIA, NA-KD, Apotea and Desenio.
We embody the spirit and agility of a start-up, but at the same time, we’re focused on building a long-term and sustainable business. We have been profitable since our first year of operation, meaning we don’t rely on investor money to run our business. Join us on our mission to transform the pet industry, making it a safer and better place for both pets and people!
Things you will be doing
- Spearhead the SysOps part of our reality - multiple pet online marketplaces in several countries (soon across multiple continents)!
- Right now, analysing and optimising existing automation pipelines and workflows will happen together with the product teams. In the future you're will be supporting and coaching our cross-functional product teams to become even better at “you build it - you run it” - goal is to hand over CI/CD pipeline modification to the product teams.
- Overseeing the operation, scalability, security and reliability of our systems.
- Helping us to optimize our SLAs, SLOs and SLIs and meeting our goals.
- Delighting us with your ideas.
What you need to succeed in this role
- You embrace the DevOps philosophy and culture of closing the gap between development and operations.
- You excel at CI/CD automation efficiency.
- You have an innovative and curious mindset.
- You’re eager to learn new things and strive to develop both yourself and your team.
- A communicative team player, self starter and a future leader.
- A passion and love for pets helps a lot.
Our tech stack
- Next.js, React, Node.js & ReactNative (Typescript it is)
- Gitlab runners CI/CD
- GraphQL & PostgreSQL
- Serverless architecture with AWS Lambda
- We're running on AWS
What we offer
- The ability to join a rapidly growing business with a clear vision, where passion and energy exists in abundance
- We have teams that are stable, interdisciplinary and fully empowered. This is not a buzzword - our teams have full transparency of how their contributions counts and are fully involved in the entire product discovery process.
- A diverse team from various backgrounds - current team is located in Sweden, Germany, UK, Poland, Bosnia, Ukraine and Russia
- A unique opportunity to become a part of a rapidly growing (but already profitable) start-up where you would be instrumental in building our Tech department
- Our interview process is light-weighted: 3 rounds of 60 min interviews!
- Competitive compensation and awesome benefits (in person or remote)
We very much look forward to your application, contact us if you have any questions!