We are looking for an enthusiastic and competent Accountant to support our growing finance team in Stockholm and play an important role in the day-to-day accounting needs of PMG. As an Accountant you will take on an important role in the team by being involved in everyday processes, workflows and the monthly financial reporting and closing processes.
Your primary focus areas will be accounts payable, accounts receivable, expense management, payroll and VAT, however given the rate at which PMG is growing, your responsibilities will increase over time making this the perfect opportunity to gain practical experience and develop within the field. The position is a full-time employment at our HQ in Stockholm. Join us on our mission to transform the pet industry, making it a safer and better place for both pets and people!
About Pet Media Group
Pet Media Group (PMG) is a Stockholm-based startup that acquires, launches, and develops market-leading pet marketplaces globally, with over 1 million animals rehomed every year throughout Scandinavia (hästnet.se), the UK (pets4homes.co.uk), Italy (annuncianimali.it), the Netherlands (puppyplaats.nl), Spain (mundoanimalia.com) and the Czech Republic (ifauna.cz).
The way pets find new loving homes has virtually remained the same for ages, and we are on a mission to make that process more trusted, safe, and convenient through innovative technology. We’re a young and ambitious team who have built unicorns in the past, and we are backed by some of Europe’s leading investors (e.g. Verdane and Otiva) who are early investors in leading companies such as Klarna, NA-KD, Apotea, Desenio, and CAIA.
- Supporting timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial close
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial reports for multiple legal entities as well as the preparation of our consolidated accounts
- Liasing with external bookkeepers in other jurisdictions
- Compile monthly VAT reporting in Europe and other statutory tax declarations
- Manage Accounts Payable, Receivables, Current Accounts and Payroll
- Posting of daily bank transactions to the ERP system (NetSuite) and performing weekly bank reconciliations
- Controlling, collecting, bookkeeping the team- and company business card expenses
- Ensuring compliance with K3 accounting standards
- Assist with the preparation and execution of our annual audit process
- Liaise with your manager to improve the financial procedures
Who we are looking for
We believe that you are an unpretentious person who do not deem any task too big or too small. As a person, you are a problem solver at heart and have great attention to detail. As a person you are a fast learner with a “can-do attitude” who works with speed and accuracy. Specifically, requirements are:
- Able to work independently and drive issues to conclusion
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with Swedish GAAP
- Excellent command of Google Sheets / Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, etc.)
- Able to work well with others in a team environment
- Business language of PMG is English and as such a fluent proficiency is necessary
- Experience with mid tier ERP systems; NetSuite experience is preferred
- Previous experience in a similar role
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive health benefits (we work out with a personal trainer once per week - teams who sweat together grow together!)
- Learning & sharing environment – we’re a team of open, competent people from different strong backgrounds
- A dog-friendly and modern office in centre of Stockholm – close to great restaurants and parks
- Exciting company events & team activities – with weekly after-works
- Flexible working hours – At PMG we are confident in each other’s ability to be masters of their own time while producing a great output
- Competitive salary
Join us today!
If this sounds like your kind of challenge for you, send us your application today! If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application!