About us and the role of Senior SEO Expert
We own and operate some of the world's largest online marketplaces for pets. Organic traffic generates over 15 million sessions to our various websites each month, and makes up over 80% of our total traffic. As the Senior SEO Expert, you will be responsible for the overall SEO strategy for PMG, driving growth across our 6 different brands.
If you are as excited as us about this position and our company, please read on!
Pet Media Group (PMG) is a pan-European startup that acquires, launches and develops market-leading pet marketplaces globally, with over 1.5 million animals finding new homes through our platforms every year. We are currently live in 6 different countries (UK, Sweden, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, and Czechia), despite only having launched 2 years ago. Here is an example of one of our apps: Pets4Homes.co.uk. We are on a mission to make it more safe, trusted and transparent to find your future best (furry) friend.
Our team of over 60 people is spread across Europe, with many of us having previously been a part of building multi-billion dollar startups.
How you will make an impact
- Your primary mission will be to improve organic search visibility by developing and executing an SEO architecture and strategy across all relevant search engines (including iOS and Android app stores)
- Perform competitive analysis, technical site audits, keyword research, to continuously identify trends, surface actionable insights to stakeholders and incorporate them in your overall strategy
- Ensure technical site signals are performant. Run site audits, monitor Google Search Console, optimize sitemaps, develop internal linking policies, improve our signals around site performance, Core Web Vitals and UX
- Information architecture & internal keyword optimization. Partner with our UX and content operations teams to optimize our commerce taxonomy and categorization and tagging systems for discoverability and SEO ranking goals
- Internationalization & localization. Build SEO strategy and execution plan for international country expansions, spanning web, app stores, content marketing and social
- Internal app linking strategy. Partner with Web/UX and product to manage our overall cross-platform inter-linking strategy (native app, mobile web, desktop web, browser extension, notifications) to ensure content discoverability and seamless user experience
In your role, you would be reporting to our co-founder Eyass Shakrah, while working closely with our product, engineering and marketing teams.
You are a good fit if you have…
- 5+ years in SEO management, ideally in-house (i.e not in an agency / consultant role) within a product-led organization - ideally within e-commerce/marketplaces/classifieds
- A collaborative, energetic and can-do working style
- Fluency with technical SEO and analytics tools including Botify, Deep Crawl, Screaming Frog, Bright Edge, Google Search Console, Google Analytics, SEMRush, Ahrefs
- Experience optimizing sitemaps, crawl budget, indexing policies, internal linking policies and operations, disavow files, and Core Web Vitals across a high production environment
- You’re comfortable integrating with sprints and helping to prioritize backlogs, track issues and QA
- Proficient in English with excellent written and oral communication skills
- A background as an engineer is a huge plus
Culture @ PMG
We're known for our work-life balance, kind co-workers, & creative virtual and physical team events - each year we fly to an unknown destination for what we call Pawsome Week. And although our team is located all across Europe, we stay connected with the help of technology and ensure that everyone on our team feels, well, like a team.
Interviews are conducted continuously, so please apply as soon as possible. The position might be filled before the last application date.
We look forward to receiving your application!